The monthly meeting of the Organ Transplant Recipients of SWFL Inc. was called to order at 11:50 a.m. on February 6, 2020 at by President, Shamie Kelly.
Attendees: Shamie Kelly, Melissa Tuff, Frank Tutay, Paul Lewis, And Lutkoff, Carlene Brennen, Cheryl Abraham, David Weinstein, Janet Weinstein, Mariann Jefferson, Madelyn Chrone, Mike Chrone, Sherry Farrell, Tom Farrell
- Anniversaries: Julio Cordero (Kidney) 2/1/2012, Shamie Kelly (1st Kidney) 2/5/2008, Donna Williamson (1st Kidney) 2/14/1999
- Visitors: New member Sherry & Tom (caregiver) Sherry is 7 months post op for a liver from Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville.
- Member Updates: Andy Lutkoff has returned from receiving his transplant, he is 3 months post now from a living donor. He is feeling great, and grateful for his donor and his transplant team in New York. Mike Terry was recently diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney Disease and is currently in Stage 3 kidney failure.
Secretaries: Last month’s minutes were submitted and approved and are available on the OrganSupport.org website
- Fletcher Fund: Donna Williamson is absent today however; she provided a report to Shamie for sharing. The balance in the checking acct. is $8371.20 with our total assets including SWFL Community Fund are $226,213.08
- Treasurers: As of 1/1/20 we had a balance of $12,111.08 with deposits of $95 stemming from $65 in dues paid, $15 from the 50/50 drawing, and a $15 donation. We had expenses totaling $240.85 stemming from $69.85 for meeting food, $75.00 for the P.O. Box rental, and $96 for our storage rental leaving us with a balance of $11,965.23
T-Shirts are available to order and Melissa urges everyone to purchase one or wear the one they have to the Kidney Walk at Lakes Park on Sunday March 22nd, 2020. Registration begins at 8am with the walk starting at 8:30. We have a team created for our group and an email was sent out with the link if anyone would like to join our team and walk with us.
Shamie and Carlene have been in communication with Lee Health and they have finally agreed to give us a room in which to hold our meetings, GUARANTEED for the next year on Thursdays from 5:30-8:30 at their Health Park location. Meetings will begin there next month in the Sanibel Room on Thursday, March 5th from 6-8pm. Paul Lewis brought it to our attention to be mindful of those using public transit that the routes dwindle past 8 pm. Melissa Tuff made the motion for the Organ Transplant Recipients of SWFL, Inc. sponsor The Organ Recipient Picnic in the amount of $100, David Weinstein seconded the motion, all in favor, none opposed, motion passes. David will send a check to Rick Keatley to be used for his event. Pitch for Life will be at CenturyLink Stadium on April 10th attendees are encouraged to wear your shirt and represent our group. Shamie suggests that we hold any fundraisers until later in the year so we will not be discussing any potential Night for Life events until we can increase our membership. Associate of Nephrology has been bought out and there will be some staff changes for those of you who see them for your kidney care.
- Kidney Walk at Lakes Park – March 22nd
- Organ Transplant Recipient Picnic at Oscar Scherer State Park – April 13th
Meeting was adjourned at 1:30pm by President, Shamie Kelly The next general meeting will be at 6 p.m. on March 5, 2020, at the Lee Memorial Health Park location in the Sanibel Room.
Minutes submitted by Melissa Tuff, Secretary