The monthly meeting of the Organ Transplant Recipients of SWFL Inc. was called to order at 6 p.m. on March 5, 2020 at by Shamie Kelly.
- Anniversaries: Gerard (Jerry) Eichhorn (Kidney) 3/6/1991
- Attendees: Janet & David Weinstein, Carlene Brennen, Marilyn Jefferson, Frank Tutay, Melissa Tuff, Shamie Kelly, Cheryl Abraham, Rick Keatley
- Visitors: None
- Member Updates: Donna Williamson had cataract surgery in Miami however they plan to attend the next meeting. Jenniene Moran will be having surgery on her neck in NY on the 18th so prayers are appreciated. David Weinstein is having back issues and would appreciate prayers as he continues treatment. Melissa Tuff is recovering from having her peritoneal catheter removed and a wound vac placed and is now doing in-center hemodialysis and currently on hold on the transplant list. Prayers are appreciated. Rick Keatley’s wife Patty just had knee surgery, prayers appreciated.
Secretaries: Report was submitted and approved and is available for viewing on the website.
- Fletcher Fund: Since Donna Williamson is not available there is no report on the Fletcher Fund this month
- Treasurers: As of 2/1/20 the group had an account balance of $11,965.23 and received $25 in dues paid and $21 from the 50/50 drawing and $48.60 in miscellaneous. We had $86.58 in expenses in the amounts of $20.12 and $66.46 leaving us with a balance of $11,973.25
First meeting in the new space, we are very grateful for the new room. We do not currently have any fundraisers scheduled, but we will entertain the idea in the coming months. Reminder to the group we now have a storage unit for our “swag” and event supplies. Social media presence has improved. Our Facebook page has 337 likes and 342 people following, Instagram has 116 followers, and we also now have a Twitter! Be sure to follow and share our pages so that more people know about our group! The kidney walk is on Sunday, March 22nd at Lakes Park in Fort Myers. We have a team for our support group and you can join online by visiting www.kidney.org and searching for a walk in your area and select the Fort Myers Walk then search for the Organ Transplant Recipients of SWFL. Last month we voted to sponsor the Organ Transplant Recipient Picnic put on by Rick Keatley in the amount of $100 and Treasurer David Weinstein sent that check last week. The picnic takes place on Saturday March 28th at Oscar Scherer State Park from 9am-2pm. Please bring a side dish, some beverages, or ice if you plan to attend. Contact Rick with questions or for more information.
Please consider purchasing an OTRofSWFL t-shirt to represent our group at the Kidney Walk. Pitch for Life is on April 10th at CenturyLink (Hammond) Stadium and LifeLink has a volunteer event set up if anyone would like to work their volunteer table. Shamie Kelly offered to purchase a map for Rick’s picnic for attendees to sign where they are from.
Meeting was adjourned at. by Shamie Kelly The next general meeting will be at 6 p.m. on April 5, 2020, at Lee Memorial Health Park in the Sanibel meeting room.
Minutes submitted by Melissa Tuff, Secretary